Let’s see improvements of this update;
@e-series.org a subscriber Shriram, wrote all improvements for v2.0633.65.01
1) The upgrade process was smooth. Once I downloaded the Nokia Software Updater, it had to download the version of firmware separately which was about 60.4 MB.
2) Overall (atleast the limited time that I have had), the OS seems to be far more stable. Although, I must admit I didn’t faced too many crashes even with the old firmware, this version seems stable.
3) A new application “Active Keys” is installed & I have no idea how or what this does!
4) I was facing (after upgrade) some connectivity issues GPRS wouldn’t connect (not sure if my service provider had his server down), but I initially faced some issues.
5) I was hoping they would fix Wi-Fi bug. My Wi-Fi was not working too great even with the old firmware. It never used to detect “full signal” even though my laptop right next to the phone would connect at tremendous speed. This seems to be where it was with the old firmware.
6) Another W-Fi thing: When I use the web browser, it asks me for the connection to use & it wouldn’t detect my Wi-Fi. But, If it go to Menu –> Connections –> WLAN Wizard, this will detect my Wi-Fi and I can choose options and browse from there. Strange?
7) After I upgraded to MFE 2.0, I was facing difficulty getting both MFE 2.0 & BB Connect installed. Even after the firmware upgrade, I cannot install both. It is either MFE 2.0 or BB Connect. Forget using both together (whcih could be a challenge), I cannot even install them on my phone!
Some extra themes seem to have been installed “Dots Plum” & “Dots Pink”. Pink & Plum? I wonder what Nokia was thinking when they chose these colors?
9) I had the left selection key configured to open the “Camera” (Menu ->> Tools –> Settings –> Standby Mode). But for some reason, Nokia has decided to rename this as “Video Mode” & you press the button, it takes you to the Camera & Not the Video option of the camera!
10) I didn’t have major problems with the VOIP side of things except occassional crashes during registering. I need to test this out.
Thats my 2 cents worth. Hopefully I will have some time to scribble out here as and when I find something amiss (or otherwise)